Coaching is a collaborative partnership.
Formed for the purpose of helping you reach your
career and personal goals. In essence, we would be partners in achieving your success.
It works a lot like sports coaching.
If you want improve your tennis game, a tennis coach would analyse your game and tell you objectively the good and the bad. He would make suggestions, help you brainstorm ideas to improve various problem areas,- recommend a practice routine and expect you to follow it.The end result is that you improve your tennis game. Coaching works in much the same way.
As a legal professional in South Africa you are expected to perform at your peak in a highly pressurised environment. You are on this recruitment website for a reason, but if you answer yes to any of the questions below, coaching might help ensure that you make the right decision to reach your career goals.
Will Coaching Benefit You?
- Do you feel like you need more work-life-balance?
- Is your work environment generally unhappy or too confrontational?
- Has the relationship between you and your manager deteriorated to such an extent that you want to see alternative employment?
- Do you feel that you are not earning your worth?
- Are you disillusioned with the legal work environment? Is your position not what you thought it would be?
- Do you need more time for family and yourself?
- Do you feel that you have no further options for career growth in your current position?
- Do you think leaving practice might be a better option for you?
- Do you feel valued in your current team?
These are all common concerns of legal professionals and there are many more.
The problem is that many lawyers and legal personnel change jobs, and have the same problems and concerns shortly after moving. This is where coaching can help you identify the true nature of your problem and find ways to deal with them effectively.
What Is Coaching?
Coaching is a very focused conversation that primarily uses questions to get to the heart of things and facilitate change and transformation. Coaching is about the transformation of performance, beliefs and values, meanings and directions and so is about performance change, evolutionary change, and revolutionary change. Coaching is a systematic way to clarify and reach your goals.
High performance organisations consist of highly motivated and productive individuals that operate close to, or at their highest potential. High performing individuals know how to maximize their states for achieving results:
AGC offers coaching through independent coaches in various disciplines, and our coaches can assist you in achieving goals in many different areas of your life and career, including:
- Leadership development – on all levels
- Relationship building/mastering relationship dynamics
- Performance optimisation
- Career advancement
- Orientation and transition into a new environment
- Asserting yourself in a challenging environment
- Dealing with change
- Working on new challenges
- Building team capabilities and effectiveness
- General Wellness, fitness and nutrition